Monday, June 17, 2013

House Tour and a Sad Thing.

I feel like my blog posts keep getting later and later...but here goes.  I've posted how we've been doing lots of updates to our house!  So now, the final project (ish?) on the inside.  We're still working on painting the facia boards outside our house before selling! So pictures to come there once we are finally done.

This is (obviously) the kitchen.  I really love the new paint and think it fits well with the paint in the living room.

Another view of our kitchen/view of the laundry room/pantry area.

The pantry area turned mud room as well.  We don't have a mud room, so I used this shelving to put all our belongings (shoes, bags, etc).  It has helped a ton!  You may also notice the super fun chalkboard paint I used on the inside of our pantry door.  This is one of my favorite things I've done to this house (as well as one of the first) and I'm sure I'll miss it if we move.  

The living room with photobombing Frank.

The living room again...including photobombing Frank again :)

The second bedroom is currently staged as a baby's room.  No, we aren't expecting, but wanted to show the space of this room.  This room is a huge deal because we recently painted AND put up new baseboards.  It was a major overhaul, including re-caulking the baseboards and everything.  

The bathroom.  Our bathroom is fairly small, so I put up the baskets in the bathroom for storage and it has made a huge difference!  I love it!  We also painted this room and re-did the baseboards in here too.  It was a nightmare.  NEVER AGAIN.  I also re-caulked the bathtub, did I mention that?  :)  I'm proud of all the work I've done!! 

Our utility closet-turned-walk-in closet (it holds only my clothes--I have a problem).

Our room.  We removed a dresser from this room and there is now a TON of space!

I also planted all the plants that I had started in those decomposable block thingies..what are they called?  Starters?  Anyway, they're finally in the ground.  We have tomatoes, jalapenos, green beans, cucumber, watermelon, spinach, and another kind of tomatoes all planted.  Come on, babies!  Get growing!

And the aftermath of planting.

We also cleaned the pool this weekend!  It was also a huge nightmare because of all the rain we've been having. 

And finally, for the sad thing.  Have you seen this ten-day forecast?  It's like 8/10 rain.  So this happened:

IT'S A SAD DAY WHEN THE TOP GOES BACK ON THE JEEP.

Until next time, friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment