Sunday, June 2, 2013

Anchor Fest and House Updates!

Hello Friends!  This week has been another busy week!  

This weekend was Anchor Fest 2013.  Anchor Fest is a fair/festival held in our town every year late May/early June.  I have always been a part of Anchor Fest, and it is always so much fun!  There is always plenty of food, including fried onion blossoms, grilled pork tenderloins and burgers, and shish ka bobs!  There are also carnival rides, booths that include crafts made by local people, and live music! It's a blast.  




This year hubs and I went and got some food and then drank a LOT on my mom and stepdad's front porch.  We drank with my high school friend who recently had a baby-she and I were up until 3 on Saturday morning drinking!  I had so much fun on Friday that I think I might STILL be hung over.








Moving on to the house...

Hubs and I have been making our house cutesy for awhile.  Okay, actually, mainly me and hubs agreeing with me.  It was beautiful house when we first bought it, but it is fairly small for us.  With us deciding we may grow our family in the future, we decided it may be time to think about a bigger house.  We have been looking and have several in mind...but I'll save that for another post. :)

My mom has her real estate license and has sold several homes in the past.  She watches a LOT of HGTV (sorry for outing your secret!) and knows a lot about what potential buyers look for and don't look for.  She gave us several tips and off we went to fix the minor things about our house!

We recently painted our kitchen.  I may have mentioned this before, but the final project looks something like this: 



Our living room gets mixed reviews.  My mom suggests we paint it since it's a dark color, but I feel like the color fits with the furniture.  Thoughts?


We had a couple other rooms that had some not-so-loveable colors in two other rooms: Andy's man room, and our bathroom.

The before:
(This was the only bathroom picture I could find!)



This room was a Mizzou orange with black trim.  The trim was a complete nightmare to paint.

We will be replacing the trim in both of the rooms.  However, here is one after (so far!).

I ALSO had to re-caulk the tub today.  It was gross, moldy, gooey, icky nightmare.   Ick, ick, ick.  



And the final product:


We also bought new baseboards and new storm doors for both the front and back doors to our house.  I am REALLY excited about these!  They haven't been installed yet, so I'll make sure to include pictures of these on my next post.

Since the tub was such a ridiculous nightmare today, I'm writing this post with a glass of wine and watching last week's Bachelorette.  I think I earned it :)



No comments:

Post a Comment