Sunday, June 23, 2013

THE ONE and why patience is hard.

Greetings, friends!

This week has been a long and hard one.  I got some not-so-great news a few weeks ago which really put a downer on my plans and my overall mood.  With the top going up on the jeep last weekend and this good news, I was NOT a happy camper at the start of my week.  There was an opportunity for a change or a (re)new(ed) opportunity that I had a chance to take, but had to wait for it.  Perhaps this is the PERFECT time to mention that I was NEVER, EVER blessed with patience.  I typically see something, make it a goal, and then start on the path to achievement.  Being patient has never been a strength of mine.  But you know what?  I waited.  And waited.  And you know what?  The thing I waited for happened this week.  And it sets so many other goals/paths/other things to be patient for (ick) into motion.

And then?  This happened.

And this.


God is rewarding me for my attempt at patience.

And then? We went on just ONE MORE house showing.  We've been having a difficult time agreeing on the right one, although the things we want in the bones of the next house are typically the same.  For what ever reason, when we look at houses, we disagree on what is move-in ready or what we like and want to change.  I had all but settled on staying in our house for now.  And then, it happened.  We found what we think and hope is THE ONE.  I. Am. So. Excited.

PS.  How did this happen in all one day?!  To say we are blessed is an understatement.



We spent our Friday evening with some good friends and their sweet little two-month-old baby girl.  We have our second bedroom staged as a baby's room, so Baby K got to sleep in what was formerly my baby crib! 


She is the sweetest little bug and I am absolutely obsessed with her. :)

We attempted to finish the facia boards today but were rudely interrupted by rain.  They'll be done tomorrow if I have any say on the subject!


I'm ending the weekend with a new pedi to kick off the new week and this (re)new(ed) beginning!  I love this color because I think it's super summer-y!  Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment