Monday, December 1, 2014

To crib or not to crib...

Welcome, friends!

During the past two weeks we have been quite busy!  We had newborn pictures taken with Maddox, put up our Christmas tree, went shopping and got all of our presents wrapped! (along with so many other things...)

We managed a shopping trip while I wore Maddox in the baby carrier.  He absolutely loves the carrier and tends to just fall asleep as soon as I put him in there.  I actually really love having him in the carrier!  I love having him close to me, and I think he loves it too!  He lets me get so much done when he's in there!  I ended up putting up our Christmas tree this year while I was wearing him in the carrier.  I managed to put up the tree, move furniture, and clean the floors all while wearing him!  So glad he is now big enough that I can enjoy it!


We also think Maddox has some reflux issues.  Lately, he's been spitting up and often it's chunky (no bueno).  A lot of times after he burps or spits up, he cries for no reason and we have to hold him, rock him, or just pat him/try to burp him again.  It's really sad because most times we don't know what the problem is until after he's spit up again or burped again or gets himself calmed down.  I feel like I'm rambling here but...you get the idea.  His spit up issues are not fun.


Yesterday we attempted to put Maddox in his crib for his first nap.  He was already asleep when I put him down, but Andy reminded me I should try him in his crib.  I put him in there with his favorite sound app on and the door cracked.  He slept for around 20 minutes.  He then woke up and wanted to eat again and after that, it was game over.  I couldn't get him back down in the crib for longer than 8 minutes.  We decided last night we would try to just get Maddox sleeping in his bassinet, which is a flat sleeping situation.  Prior to last night, he'd been sleeping in his rock and play.  However, while trying to get him to sleep last night (and while Andy and I were drifting off to happy sleepy dream land), we both awoke to what sounded like Maddox spitting up and weird breathing sounds.  So...for now, I think the crib AND the bassinet are out.  I'd really rather him just sleep and be able to sleep without me having to stare at him all night to make sure he's breathing.



Speaking of, this little monster might be getting a cold.  His little breaths are sounding sorta ragged as I type tonight.  Isn't he about the age he's losing some of my antibodies and starting to form his own immune system (or lack thereof)?  I hope he's not getting sick.  Poor guy.

Today something amazing happened.  Maddox and I awoke after a long night of several feedings.  I fed him and got a washcloth ready to clean his booty for a diaper change. (We are still not using wipes to help heal his diaper rash, which is almost gone!)  I was talking to him in a happy little voice, and guess what happened?  This sweet little man smiled at me.  Not an asleep smile, not a smile that was from gas, but a full-on, "hey mommy" smile!  And then again while I was changing his diaper!  My heart melted and I of course started crying.  I love this sweet little munchkin so very much.

I'm sad to think that as of today I have only 30 days left with my baby boy before I have to go back to work.  I am only able to take ten weeks of maternity leave for financial reasons, but feel truly blessed that I was able to have more time than most women get to stay home with their little ones!

I leave you with a couple of our pictures done by the incredibly talented Jocelyn Bernard.  They are absolutely stunning and I'm so excited to share them!






Until next time...Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment