Sunday, May 26, 2013

Memorial Day!

This weekend started out with a bang!  

Hubs went to get us Trops before coming home.  If you don't know, Trops (Tropical Liquers) is a frozen daquiri bar here-they mix up all sorts of frozen concoctions, ranging anywhere from schnapps to everclear.  Hubs always gets what is called the "57 Chevy," which is a cherry flavor with rum and gin and other randomness in it.  I typically get a "Sweet Tart" or "Sex on the Beach," both of which are fruity and mild, but this weekend I wanted something a little different! He brought me back a "Tiger Paw" this time, which is basically a caribou lou (peach, 151, and orange juice).  I'd never had it before, but it's DEFINITELY my new favorite!  


You can't go wrong with a cup this size.

I used my client-free Friday to start a new craft and a new, summer-themed manicure!  But more on that later.




Random but funny thing of the weekend?  We watched my mom's dogs.  They're both blind/partially deaf.  One of the dogs likes to walk into awkward situations.  I couldn't help but take pictures of her--I hope you find it as hilarious as we did.



Okay, okay.  Back on track.  Saturday it was rainy so we woke up and made a red, white, and blue themed breakfast!  It. Was. So. FUN!  I even broke out the GOOD bacon.  We rarely have bacon lately-so we buy the good stuff now!









We took Frank on a really long walk and then had hammock time, drinks, and BBQ on the porch. We ended the night with some Wii games--I'm proud to note that I won last night in at least one game! :)



Today I spent most of the day cleaning up and prepping food for some kabobs on the grill tonight.  I decided to kick things off tonight with a fun cocktail and a drawing on my newest craft! 



Happy Memorial Weekend, Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment