Monday, June 30, 2014

21 Weeks and other happenings


Welcome, friends!

This week has been sorta a rollercoaster of emotions! Wednesday I said goodbye to a wonderful supervisor, wishing her well in her future work endeavors.  She's a gem and I'll truly miss her ability to understand my sense of humor and personality and supervise me accordingly.  Thursday I got some not so lovely work news that was also a downer.  Friday hubs and I road tripped to Springfield, IL to go pick up Baby's crib!  Also on Friday, one of my favorite people in the world welcomed her sweet little boy into the world!  Saturday, we finished putting Baby's crib together and visited said new baby boy Ryder!  He is SUCH a doll and such a sweet little man.  I secretly want to steal him for myself because he's so perfect!  (PS sorry for no picture of Ryder--his mommy hasn't given me permission to use his photo yet)


Here's our nursery progress thus far.  I cannot WAIT to add the artwork and his initials/name to his room and officially make it his!  My incredible mom and stepdad purchased Baby's crib for him.  I also have the toybox made for me when I was a baby to use in Baby's room as well as a rocking chair that my dad refinished for my mom before I was born!  I cannot wait to show the final pictures to all of you!




How far along? 21 weeks 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: As baby gains, I can only imagine how much I'm gaining too :)
Baby is the size of a: Pomegranate/length of a carrot
Maternity clothes? Yes, maternity t-shirts for now, maxi skirts and maxi dresses
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Sleep has been pretty good this week!  I can't get enough.  So, SO tired.  
Best moment this week: Picking up baby boy's crib and putting together, and meeting baby Ryder!
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? As the 4th approaches, I miss our tradition we created last summer--Summer Brew on the 4th!  I will SO miss it this year.  I told Andy I'll probably be having Dos Equis, summer brew, and trops in December!
Movement: Becoming MUCH more frequent--pretty much after every time I eat or drink something cold.  I love laying on my tummy and being able to tell exactly where he and the bump begin.  Such a weird but way cool feeling!
Food cravings: Totally feeling over food lately.  You name it, I'm probably burnt out on it.  Nothing sounds good.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really, but I did wake up really icky and sick this morning which was NOT fun.  Kinda been queasy all day.
Have you started to show yet: Yes!
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On for now, but still take off every night when I get home.  Heat swelling sucks.
Happy or Moody most of the time: This week?  Totally cranky most of the time.  See above, if you forgot. 
Weekly Wisdom: Sleep is golden.
Looking forward to: Our shower!  We have officially set a date and my Mama has reserved the space.  So mark your calendars if you're reading: August 16th.  And for those who are asking, our registry is at Babies R Us.  I look forward to seeing all of you and honoring Baby Boy's future arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment