Monday, July 14, 2014

23 weeks/nursery plans/summerbrew (yummy brew)



This week's bump                              Frank is not impressed.


How far along? 23 weeks 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: Not sure yet, and not sure I want to know.  Today I looked at my belly and said WHOA.  My belly is big today.
Baby is the size of a: A large mango?  Which seems smaller than the spaghetti squash of last week.  
Maternity clothes? Yep!  Tried on the maternity yoga pants which were once too big and realized my bump has greatly grown sine the last time I wore them :)
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Sleep is so so this week.  Sometimes great, sometimes not.  I still find the most comfortable position is on my tummy with a leg out (like I'm making the number 9 or 4).
Best moment this week: Getting more baby stuff in and making more nursery decoration plans.  Oh, and spending all day in the pool with hubs to the point I'm a little crispy.  Oops.  Guess I should have listened to my red-haired-gened husband when he broke out the sunscreen for himself.
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? TROPS!  This weekend my Mom and Bob brought hubs a large trops for doing a good deed, and I drooled over it even though it wasn't the flavor I like.
Movement: Daily still, although it's usually when I'm being lazy :)
Food cravings: Not really, but this week I have LOVED diet cherry 7up or diet cherry limeades from sonic!
Anything making you queasy or sick: No, another good week!
Have you started to show yet: Yes!
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? Still on for now although this weekend's humidity meant my first wicked swelling after a walk.  Boo.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Fairly good this week!  Trying to turn over a new, always positive leaf.
Weekly Wisdom: USE SUNSCREEN.  I read that pregnant women tend to burn more easily in the sun.  Boy, were they right.
Looking forward to: More movement in there!


Ouchie. 

Another outtake. I ask hubs to take a picture of me for the blog and get this.


 Below is baby boy's diaper bag! I love love love it!!

I ordered these for baby boy's nursery around a month ago and had them special colored to match his decor.  I LOVE them!! I can't wait to get his dresser back so we can hang these above!  He will truly be our little king of the wild things and each week I get more excited to meet him and spend time with him!

I'm looking for one more piece of artwork for the last wall in the baby's room and really felt like this top piece complemented the theme we already have going in the room.  Thoughts?




Finally, as requested by my dear friend Watsuyy, the summer brew (AKA HEAVEN) recipe.  It's SO easy and I know you'll all be wanting to try soon.  For each batch, you take one frozen limeade (brand doesn't matter), one cup of vodka, and three Mexican beers.  I think you could maybe use any beer, but we always use Mexican beer and ALWAYS use Dos Equis because I love it.  Stir, and add limes to taste or as a garnish!  YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Watsuyy thanks you! I love the top picture, I say yes for the nursery!

    ReplyDelete