Sunday, July 20, 2014

24 weeks/something scary/a hint


How far along? 24 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Up like 5 lbs since the last time I went I think.  Boo.
Baby is the size of a: cantaloupe.  Whoa!!
Maternity clothes? Yes, maternity t-shirts, maxi skirts and maxi dresses.  I do have a pair of maternity skinnies my mom bought me that I've worn a couple times, too.
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Sleep this week has been great because work has been crazy and I've worked a LOT more hours and have been very stressed.  So at least that's a plus for the week.
Best moment this week: Getting baby's first teether which I've had my eye on for a while (see below) and his personalized hoppy cover.
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? Not really. I miss my skin being normal.
Movement: Daily!  He's super active.  I love his thumps before I wake up in the morning and when I'm being still and doing nothing.
Food cravings: Pizza.  It's weird.  I want it like, all the time.  A big, greasy, slice of pepperoni pizza. But don't worry, I'm not eating it for every meal! :)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Just once, but was able to sorta convince myself out of it.
Have you started to show yet: Yes!
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? They're close to being gone, I think.  Swelling started to kick in around Thursday.  Maybe it was the increase in humidity or maybe it's just how far along I might be.  Either way, it sucks and I find myself hating the way my feet and hands feel.  The rest of my skin feels ok for now, though.
Happy or Moody most of the time: I've been pretty pissy because of work stress this week.  Hubs has been a gem and dealt with the pissyness with love, which is refreshing.
Weekly Wisdom: Drink more water to help with the swelling.  Also, take a break and get off those feet.  Finally, if it feels weird, call the doctor.
Looking forward to: Appointment with the doctor tomorrow to hear baby's heartbeat!  And to see his almost finished dresser! :)

So here's the teether I've had my eye on for some time.  I absolutely love it (and yes, I even put it in my mouth to test it out).  It comes with a stuffed animal version too for him to play with!  LOVE it.


Also this week, I had some weird pains/aches on my upper right side near my belly button.  I called the doctor just to make sure it wasn't anything scary.  To my surprise, the doctor asked me to come in to make sure it wasn't appendicitis.  He checked everything out and he said I should be ok as long as I can still toot and not feeling nauseous. So that was a bit scary.

Today we are playing it low key after a super busy rest of the week.  So by that I mean, I picked up sticks and dog poo in the back yard while Andy used his new weed-eater and filled up the new tiki torches around the pool.  I just need to find a way to hang the outside lights we got in the backyard, and I think I'll be totally satisfied. :)

We also got baby boy's personalized Boppy cover this week.  Could that be a name lurking under there? ;)

Happy weekend, friends! Xo


2 comments:

  1. Well, now my mind is working furiously, coming up with possibilities for that M! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pains...trapped air! At least that's what it was for me! I went many times to the doc for it, scared something was wrong!

    ReplyDelete