Monday, September 15, 2014

32 weeks

Welcome, friends!

This week has been quite busy with work, my aunt Brenda visiting, and completing our childbirth class! My Aunt brought baby M some bath toys she bought from the Zoo in San Fran near where she lives.  Here she is testing them out in our pool, which sadly, is ready to be closed for the year:


Saturday we completed our childbirth class and sold our old swing.  Can I just say that the childbirth class didn't really ease my fears about child birthing.  Rather, I'm even more worried and stressed about it than I ever was before.  Once I heard the words "RING OF FIRE" uttered, I was done.  Even so...eyes on the prize so I'll try and put labor at the back of my mind for now.  Silver lining to that day?  I came home to these beauties blooming by our front door and a Mizzou win! :)


Sunday we were lazy and watched football and I cooked a bit.  I made a spicy chili that was super relish and an apple crisp.  I've actually never made an apple crisp before, but Andy liked so I guess I'll count it as a win!  I also got to see the last few minutes of my Packers win, which was a major plus!  I guess we will be watching Andy's Eagles play (and maybe lose?) tonight during MNF. :)



Also yesterday, Andy and I finally agreed on a hat for M to wear during newborn pictures/wearing home.  I found this combination and I absolutely love it!  I've been looking for some time but couldn't find something that really struck me.  When I ran across this yesterday, I knew I had to order it.  Andy also ordered some Eagles booties and beanies this week for M as well.  Perhaps I should hide those when they come in? :)



And now for the weekly update...

This week's board courtesy of my Aunt Brenda.


How far along? 32 weeks 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: Around 12 lbs gained total so far I think.
Baby is the size of a/an: Squash.  He's also almost 4 pounds in there and gaining an ounce daily/around a half pound a week!  Whoa!
Maternity clothes? Yes!  Along with a mix of my regular stuff--my friend was surprised I'm still wearing my regular jeans some and my regular leggings.
Stretch marks? Still none!  Although some days, my tummy is pretty tight.  Other days it's not so bad.  I can't believe I have at least another 55 days of growing tummy left!
Sleep: Sleep this week has again been pretty good and I cannot get enough!  I'm trying to allow myself to get plenty of sleep since I know it will be slim after M gets here!
Best moment this week: Childbirth class we had this weekend?  Although I also chalk that up to scary.  I also enjoyed for the first time ever baby moving around so much and so intensely while I was sleeping that he woke me up!  What a strange feeling :)
Have you told family and friends: Yes! 
Miss Anything? All things alcohol, although I'm scared for what my tolerance will be like once baby gets here!
Movement: Daily, although it's more of a squirm than a thump now.   I love when I'm protesting work and he squirms around in protest as well.  
Food cravings: Spicy things (continued).  This week I made spicy chili and have been eating spicy trail mix like it's going out of style.  
Anything making you queasy or sick: That damn gag reflex from teeth brushing/tongue brushing, ugh.
Have you started to show yet: Yes!
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: Crampyness again this week.  Doctor asked me to push fluids which helped.
Belly Button in or out? Still in!  It's shallow though.  My navel piercing that was once even with my belly button is now way above where it used to be.  Hello, stretchy skin.
Wedding rings on or off? Off.  Womp.  I considered wearing it on my necklace with the M on it that Andy got me, but for now just leaving it safely at home.
Weekly Wisdom: Again this week my blood sugar dropped while I was working and I thought I was going to die.  I think I need to start carrying a bag or something with snacks and extra water so I don't get hungry/angry/tired/cranky/sweaty because of low blood sugar.  Especially at court because that sucks.
Looking forward to: Doctor appointment this Thursday, Getting our MamaRoo in soon...

I hope your week has gone as quickly as ours has!  Until next time; Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment