Monday, September 22, 2014

Ouchie.

Welcome!
This week's board courtesy of my lovely husband!  He completed this for me and said he'll never do another.  He did a great job though, so maybe I can convince him again later?




How far along? 33 weeks 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: Around 15 pounds total gained I think?  Not bad.
Baby is the size of a/an: Durian fruit??  Raise your hand if you've had one of those?  No?  Noone?  Exactly.
Maternity clothes? Yes!  I'm done with jeans I think until M gets here.  Even though I'm still fitting in to my pre pregnancy jeans, the top of the zipper on my belly is just NOT pleasant!
Stretch marks? Still no.  I truly feel lucky that this one's a no.
Sleep: Sleep this week is no bueno.  My hips are hurting after lying on one side too long which totally sucks.  Last night right before bed my sciatic nerve started hurting.  Not sure if I overdid the cleaning yesterday or what, but it hurts ALL OF THE TIME and literally makes me rethink every movement.  It hurts when I sleep, lay down, sit, walk, you name it.  Never again will I take for granted being able to walk or stand without pain.  I'm open to help.
Best moment this week: Both a blessing and a curse, but being able to hear baby M's heartbeat for a long period of time at the hospital and hearing his thumps and movements.  More below.
Have you told family and friends: Yes! 
Miss Anything? Being able to sleep comfortably.  At all.  Period.
Movement: Daily.  Feels like a little lizard or loch ness monster moving around in there sometimes with the nature of his movements.
Food cravings: Pumpkin bread, Caramel apple spice from starbucks, and all things fall.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing this week!
Have you started to show yet: Yes!
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: Nothing that I really noticed. Doc says I may be having contractions which are normal at this point.  Starting to get a little weirded out about being "checked" for progress...ew.
Belly Button in or out? Still in!!  I secretly want it to pop.  Go figure.  See picture below.
Wedding rings on or off? Still off  (double womp).  I tried it on this morning just to make sure and it was SO not happening.  
Weekly Wisdom: If you have a question or a scare, call your doctor.  Seriously.
Looking forward to: Roots N Blues this weekend with some of my favorites!

Andy bought these for M.  I was tempted to hide them.  Instead, I washed them and they are ready for use (or to be thrown away, haha).  Andy says we should let the baby choose which team he wants to support.  Yes, I am fully aware that the Pack is 1-2 and the Eagles are 3-0.  I don't care.  I still think my boy's Packers gear is much cuter.  You decide.




Saturday morning I was lazy and watched TV in bed.  M moved around like crazy and it was wonderful.  Saturday afternoon pre-Mizzou game, I cleaned like a crazy and exhausted myself.  Around 3:00 I sat down, had some food and water, and watched the Mizzou game with Andy.  And no baby movement.  I was exhausted, so I laid on my side thinking he would move and ended up taking a nap.  I flipped around a couple of times and realized I still hadn't felt him move.  I asked Andy to get me a glass of VERY cold water, because usually this helps get M moving.  This time, however; no luck.  I even laid down on the floor and in my bed and still felt nothing.  Of course at that point I was in FULL-ON FREAK OUT MODE.  I called the hospital and they asked me to come in.  We drove there and I completely lost my shit during the drive.  Andy, however, was extremely supportive and wonderful.  I couldn't ask for more.  He even grabbed my hand to hold while I was driving.  We got there and answered 1500 questions and they hooked me up to fetal heart rate and movement monitors.  Baby's heart rate was steady and still in the 130s.  He was slow to start but eventually started moving...and I was relieved.  In another breath of relief, my doctor was even the on-call doctor at the hospital!  He said we made the right choice by coming to the hospital and that baby's heart rate and movements continue to look happy and healthy.  I am so incredibly relieved.  And since then?  He's been moving like crazy.  I blame my crazy cleaning for the scare.

Also as promised, a picture of my belly button.  It's pushing out so much...perhaps will pop in the future?!




Oh and THIS came today.  No after pictures just yet because it's being put together as we speak.  Guess that gives everyone something to look forward to next week!  I am so excited for it to be here so we can test it out and learn it.  I only wish there was a baby I could put in there to test it out!  :)




48 days left...

No comments:

Post a Comment