Thursday, May 9, 2013

CINCO

I'm a few days late posting this one.  But I had SO much fun on Cinco this year making (or attempting) to make drinks and fun stuff.

On some of the blogs I've been reading, they talk about making beergaritas.  You make the marg and then drop the beer into it.  Basically, you're drinking both at the same time.  They look something like this: 

So off to the liquor store we went.  We got some Corona, Dos Equis, and Marg stuff.  I went on about my merry way that night mixing up the margs in our new Ninja blender, excited as could be about this new, tasty, liquor-filled adventure.  I mixed them up and poured them into the only marg glasses we own.  Here's where we are so far...


Notice anything?  These glasses are PLASTIC.  Silly me for thinking that they'd hold a marg AND a whole bottle of beer.  I put hubs' marg in the blue glass, and mine in the purple.  You only see the blue glass here because catastrophe struck with my glass.  I attempted my "beergarita" first, only to discover two things: #1-Overflow city, and #2-my glasses were way too light to support both of these.

I didn't manage to get a picture of the mess, but use your imagination :)

I gave up on the beergarita idea for actual Cinco.  We ended up having shots of our favorite Mexican tequila, a new tequila we bought, and some Dos Equis, topped off with some homemade chicken fajitas and homemade guac.  

The rest of our day in pictures:






Of course, my day couldn't be complete without watching some Damages on the iPad!

No comments:

Post a Comment