Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Happenings at our house

We've been ridiculously busy over the past several days!  With Mother's day and all the nice weather, hubs and I have been super productive.  

Saturday we got up early early-ish early for us and went to the home store and to the department store.  We've been wanting to re-do the decorations in the front of our house for a long time.  The year before we got married, we bought this little bushes to put in our front yard.  I should note that when we first got married, I had absolutely NO idea what I was doing on the gardening front.  I was pretty terrible at caring for new plants, including remembering to water them....oops!  I also feel that I should not that I suck at taking before pictures...but I'm working on it! :)  This is probably the best "before" picture I have in this situation: 

So off we went, spending way too much money on stuff for the outside of our house.  But see how pretty it looks now!  I'm pretty proud of it.  Now if I could only work on the watering of the new bushes...


Another project I've been working on this week was this fun little laundry sorter that my hubs and stepdad made for me for my birthday last year.  I found the dimensions on pinterest and they whipped it up!  For almost a year, it's been sitting in our laundry room, plain wood, paintless, looking a little sad.  Hubs and I finally decided on paint for it this weekend! We chose a black for the inside, as it matches other shelves we have for shoes and such in the laundry area, and a red on the inside just to give it some pop! So off I went last night!  Below is the before and after, and the addition that hubs wanted to add to the back:


We also chose paint for the kitchen and tile to use as a backsplash.  Our kitchen is pretty big and I haven't made much of a dent in it yet.  Below is a picture of the progress I've made so far from my work area today...I did write Frank's name in paint before painting over the first half :)


Finally...a Frank picture and jeep pictures in celebration of the AMAZING weather we're having! 


I seriously have WAY too much fun in this thing.  I could probably write a whole post on my obsession and overwhelming love for my jeep.  But I'll save that for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment