Monday, May 13, 2013

Mama's Day 2013

This year we were so busy celebrating Mother's Day that I forgot to update last night!  

We had so much fun with our families yesterday.  We started out our day at Andy's parents' house.  BBQ with his mom, dad, and brother.  Burgers, porksteak for the hubs, potato salad, and beans.  I also feel like at this point I should add how much the idea of pork steak grosses me out--it always has.  I'm the same way with pork chops.  I can't figure out what it is, but I cannot deal.  Anyway, super yummy meal otherwise. 

Just an hour later, we were supposed to head over to my mom and stepdad's house and eat AGAIN?!  No way.  Bring on the wine.

Multiple bottles of wine later, there was smoked pork, grilled veggies, mac and cheese, and some grilled jalapenos with cream cheese and bacon (holy spicy!!).  Mom topped it off with some pineapple upside down cake with cherries and mandarin oranges--she says she added those just for me :)

I'm reminded daily of how lucky we are to have our mothers still with us in our lives.



Later that night, we took the top and the doors off my jeep and I took my mama for a ride.  SO MUCH FUN!  I don't think she's ever been in my jeep with the doors off before.  Such a fun time.  


I feel like I should add that it was pretty chilly on the ride to work this morning...I bundled up like a silly person, hoodie tied up around my head and zipped up tight!



Hope your Mother's Day was fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment